An excellent opportunity for a Network Engineer looking to develop their career, in this role you will work as part of an IT Network team providing onsite support as well as office-based projects. Your day to day responsibilities will be to work on servers, networks and infrastructure, such as Windows servers 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Group Policy, Office 365, firewalls and routing. You will deal with cases escalated from the support desk as well as new installations and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to diagnose, develop and design clients IT networks from the aspects of usability, security and functionality. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career further in the IT and telecoms industry.
This is a client-facing role, so personal presentation, timekeeping and professionalism are essential.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Friendly and responsive telephone manner
- Great interpersonal skills with previous client-facing experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Managing your own time and associated workload
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good first-time fix rate
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server 2008 r2 – 2019)
- Microsoft Exchange (building, installing, upgrading and migrating)
- Office 365 (licensing, setup and migration)
- Microsoft SQL Server (building, installing, upgrading and migrating)
- VMware Esxi/VCentre Server
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP etc
- VPNs, Router and Firewalls
- Networking – WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching
- Anti Virus platforms such as Trend Micro, Open DNS
- Backup solutions (Windows Backup, Acronis, Veeam)
- Full, clean driving licence
What To Expect:
- A great friendly team, with regular company outings and events.
- An excellent telephone manner is essential and you must be smart and presentable.
- The successful applicant will be someone who has a keen IT interest, looking to gain entry into the IT field.
- Training will be provided; however in order to be successful in this role, self-learning is essential.
Carden IT Services is a dynamic company looking to add to its team. If the above describes your experience, then please get in touch.
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your resume using the form below and we will review your application.