The company has an excellent opportunity for someone with previous help desk experience and is eager to further develop their career within the IT industry. Working as part of a team you will join a fast-growing busy IT Company that provide technical support services to SMEs on IT and telecoms products and services. In this role, you will respond to phone calls and tickets covering the installations and maintenance of the company’s growing client base. These solutions include but not limited to Windows Server platforms, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Cloud Solutions, VMWare, routing, networking and desktop support. This requirement includes a high attention to detail, good organisation and ability to work as part of a team. Together with the above, the successful candidate will be expected to lead the team in terms of ensuring all SLAs are met, prioritising tickets, escalating to engineers when required and ensuring the team is managed effectively.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Friendly and responsive telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good first-time fix rate
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server 2012 – 2019)
- Office 365 (licensing, setup, migration)
- VMware Esxi/VCentre Server
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP etc
- VPNs, Router and Firewalls
- Networking – WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching
- Anti-Virus platforms such as Trend Micro
- Backup solutions (Windows Backup, Acronis, Veeam)
What To Expect:
- An excellent telephone manner is essential and although you will not be customer-facing you must be smart and presentable.
- The successful applicant will be someone who has good experience in solving IT related problems with at least 2 years in a similar position.
- Microsoft qualifications are beneficial although not a necessity. Training will be provided; however in order to be successful in this role, self-learning is essential.
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your resume using the form below and we will review your application.